Founded in 1974 as the Upper Main Line Piano
Teachers, the organization has always had as its goal to raise the standard of independent
music teaching in the surrounding area to a professional level through a program
of meetings, recitals and festivals.
The Main Line Music Teachers chapter is
affiliated with the Pennsylvania Music Teachers Association and the Music Teachers
Prospective members are welcome to attend
two meetings at no charge, to learn about the organization. We invite you to join
- To advance musical knowledge and education
- To sponsor musical education opportunities for members and their students.
- To encourage professionalism among independent studio teachers.
- To promote communication between the institutional and independent teachers.
- To act as a clearing house for performance opportunities at the national, state and local levels.
- MLMTA is not organized for profit or for the benefit of any private individual.